Human Resources Generalist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborates with the Payroll Department regarding time and attendance issues.
2. Manages the Wellness Committee.
3. Manages the drug testing program.
4. Administers various programs, procedures and guidelines to align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
5. Translates the business strategies developed by the management committee into HR action steps (i.e. new policies, new hires, new projects).
6. Conducts new hire orientation and processes new hire paperwork.
7. Guides talent development policies and training.
8. Creates and maintains confidential employee personnel files.
9. Assists in the administration of employee evaluations.
10. Processes requests and maintains records for various leaves of absence, including FMLA, vacation, paid time off, and excused and unexcused absences.
11. Coordinates with the Administration Department in communicating and implementing company programs, benefit information, policies, procedures and general correspondence.
12. Keeps all HR policies and procedures current, legally compliant and documented as appropriate.
13. Develops policies and procedures that comply with all relevant employment laws and regulations.
14. Works with the Management Committee to improve communication flow, coaches managers where improved communication is needed, and assists with the implementation of the corporate vision, mission, and values.
15. Implements and coordinates with other departments all applicable company HR systems and initiatives.
16. Designs and completes special projects by clarifying objectives, setting an action plan, conducting research, developing and organizing information, communicating project status, resolving concerns and preparing reports.
17. Manages required documentation in accordance with current state and federal DOL laws and regulations.
18. Assists with planning and/or coordinating special events in cooperation with the Management Committee, and Vision/Mission/Values Committee and Sub-Committee.
19. Plans and updates policies and programs that improve work force satisfaction and minimizes legal exposure.
20. Builds a strong relationship with the Management Committee, department heads, and all officers, supervisors and employees.
21. Keeps the department heads advised on employee and interdepartmental matters.
22. Administers reimbursement programs, including reimbursement programs for tuition, safety glasses, and safety shoes.
23. Coordinates and administers all EEO/Affirmative Action responsibilities.
24. Provides advice and coaching on HR issues to individual employees and supervisors.
25. Identifies potential exposures and proposes changes to management necessary to cover risks.
26. Designs and recommends employee performance improvement solutions to the Management Committee and department heads.
27. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Strives to obtain a high quality and talented work force that meets current and future business objectives, including recruitment.
2. Writes job descriptions.
3. Evaluates and recommends appropriate recruitment strategies with department heads.
4. Provides guidance and consultation with department heads on job specifications and recruitments for hiring.
5. Develops and implements employee recruitment and retention strategies.
6. Recruits, screens, and interviews job applicants to fill entry-level, professional, and technical job openings and matches expertise with specific job-related requirements.
7. Conducts reference checks.
8. Coordinates the use of temporary employees.
9. Recommends and coordinates details of candidates’ offers, orientation schedules and on-boarding needs.
10. Schedules background checks, physicals and drug screens.
11. Coordinates all potential candidate activities including office visits and correspondence with department heads.
12. Conducts exit interviews.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration with emphasis on Human Resources.
2. HR certification
3. Proficiency with Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Dynamics. Proficiency with CelériTime for time and attendance record keeping.
4. Minimum 5 years of full-time experience in human resources administration.
Contact: Frank Caligiuri, firstname.lastname@example.org, 412.369.9501
SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST
A client located in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia is searching for a Supply Chain Specialist to handle all domestic Supply Chain issues.
This will include sourcing for new suppliers especially machine parts, all transportation and logistics, vendor management and purchasing.
This is a very fast paced and growing operation that requires a person to be very hands on in all aspects of the job.
This client is growing quickly in the US.
Salry $55,000 to $65,000 plus bonus
Contact Bill Brundage at 412 369 9501 or email@example.com